From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Latest 4.9 kernels broken?
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 16:37:36
1 On 2018-06-08 09:22, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2
3 > > matica!501 ~# modprobe fbcon
4 > > modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'fbcon': Exec format error
5
6 > Could this be a multilib issue? Does you kernel have
7 > CONFIG_IA32_EMULATION enabled?
8 > See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7647744.html.
9
10 CONFIG_IA32_EMULATION is definitely set in the _current_ working kernel
11 (ie. 4.9.105), and I use the working config-* file as the start for the
12 new one (with make oldconfig), so unless there was a radical change in
13 the kernel build, this doesn't look like a possible cause.
16 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
17 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
18 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
19 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.