From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox occasionally stalls
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:34:26
1 Am Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:08:39 -0500
2 schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3
4 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 > > On Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 14:59:48 Dale wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> Ublock is another option as well. I use it on some Firefox
8 > >> profiles. It does seem to respond better than Adblock but some
9 > >> things I don't like about Ublock.
10 > >>
11 > >> I may look into that Ghostery too. See if it is available for
12 > >> Firefox and Seamonkey.
13 > > I don't know about Seamonkey, but it is available for Firefox. It's
14 > > a bit of an eye-opener too. I had no idea how many people are out
15 > > there keeping watch over all our journeys around the web.
18 > I tried it on one profile I have and it was not good. It slowed
19 > Firefox to a crawl. It took a good ten minutes just to get the
20 > add-ons manager to open and me to disable Ghostery. Once I did that,
21 > it got better. After I restarted Firefox, it was back to normal.
22 >
23 > I suspect it clashes with another add-on I use. I'm not sure which
24 > one so I'll have to play with it when I have more time to spend on
25 > it. Right now, forestry and gardening is taking up my time tho.
26
27 This suggests that one of the other addons is your real problem...
31 Regards,
32 Kai
33
34 Replies to list-only preferred.