From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Offline Update
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:14:20
1 On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:52:54 +0200
2 Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > can i copy the portage tree from my Notebook to the desktop PC?
7
8 Yes. There is only one tree, not different one for different arches.
9
10 So it does not matter where you get your tree from, only that you do
11 have a copy.
12
13 Do make sure that owners and permissions are set to something that will
14 work on the destination after the copy.
18 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Networkless_Maintenance
19 >
20 > I use this as help, but must i load the portage latest or can copy
21 > the tree from Notebook, because is up to date.
24 > Thanks for help.
27 > Regards
28 > Silvio
34 Alan McKinnon