From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <michal.vaner@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Email from Mac to PC/Win
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:48:38
1 Hello,
2
3 On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 07:21:57AM -0700, Adrian wrote:
4 > Our "IT" people are telling here this is because Mac email is not
5 > "compatible" with PCs. My intuition & years of computer use is
6 > telling me this is bullshit.
7
8 There's RFC for emails. It has nothing to do with platform, it has to do
9 with being standard compatible.
10
11 It may happen one side does not obey the standard and it can be decided
12 which one. But there is no "PC Email" or "Mac email".
13
14 (Besides, it is _known_ that outlook does not obey it in some places, or
15 didn't so in the past. I would bet on the "PC Email" side)
16
17 After a short googling: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html. I hope
18 this one is up-to-date version. This may be of some use if there is
19 argument with "The IT experts" of your company…
22 chown -R us $BASE
23
24 Michal 'vorner' Vaner