From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 equivalent for kwifimanager-3.5
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:58:07
1 2009/11/12 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>:
2 > Am 12.11.2009 08:36, schrieb Mick:
3 >>
4 >> Hi All,
5 >>
6 >> I would use kde-base/kwifimanager-3.5.10 every now and then to check
7 >> networks,
8 >> IP address, or strength of signal when I would not use iwconfig or iwlist.
9 >> This will be removed soon, so what is the KDE4 equivalent?
10 >
11 > I use KNemo for such things. It displays a symbol for each interface with
12 > in/out indicator in the style of Windows XP. You have the choice between
13 > four different symbols (wireless, computer, pci card, modem) and you can
14 > choose for which interface it should do so.
15
16 Thank you all for your suggestions, it seems that the knetwork manager
17 may be closer to what I want - although I really just want
18 kwifimanager. I'll keep an eye out for it.
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick