From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do I need to do anything if a package masked by my profile?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:36:58
1 On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:06:36 +0100, James Stevenson wrote:
2
3 > I received a notification that one of my packages had been masked by my
4 > profile. Am I correct in thinking that this issue will resolve itself in
5 > 30 days?
6 >
7 > !!! The following installed packages are masked:
8 > - x11-proto/xextproto-7.3.0-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
9 > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
10 > # Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> (10 Jun 2018)
11 > # Packages combined into x11-base/xorg-proto.
12 > #All reverse deps transitioned.
13 > # Removal in 30 days. Bug #656250
14
15 You shouldn't have any of these packages installed now, they should have
16 been depcleaned after xorg-proto was installed. If depclean doesn't
17 remove them, they still be required by a package in an overlay, that
18 happened to me.
19
20 emerge -cpv packagename
21
22 should tell you why each package is still there.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 WinErr 014: Keyboard locked - Try anything you can think of.