From: Frank Schafer <frank.schafer@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] howto update whole system and all applications
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:43:21
1 On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 10:34 +0200, pat wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I want to update whole my system and all applications. I want this because
5 > I've changed USE flags and changed available locales for the glibc. I know
6 > this update can throw me into troubles, but I want to try this :-)
7 >
8 > So, I know the system can be updated by the:
9 > emerge --update --deep system
10 >
11 > and the the "world" can be updated by the:
12 > emerge --update --deep wold
13 >
14 > but those two looks simillar to me.
15 >
16 > What I have to do to update everything within my Linux box ???
17 >
18 > Thanks
19 >
20 > Pat
21
22 Hi Pat,
23
24 AFAIK it's ``emerge --newuse world'' in the case of a USE flag change.
25
26 Regards
27 Frank
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list