From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mini-install-cd: default root password or other idea
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 15:15:35
1 I know, of course, this doesn't exist, but why is screen(1) asking for it?
2
3 I'm re-installing gentoo.  I booted off the image and ran screen.  Did
4 everything find, with multiple screens, inclduding for ssh to other
5 hosts.  I got to the point where I ran emerge-webrsync.  It  taking way
6 too long, downloading into /mnt/gentoo/var/tmp/gentoo-20201104.* at a
7 snails pace.  I closed all my other screens.  It kept downloading ...
8
9 then, suddenly, the screen was erased (maybe I hit a key?) and I stuck
10 at the top of the screen with
11
12 "Screen used by root on live cd"
13
14 "Password:"
15
16 Am I going to have to kill the installation and start at least the
17 webrsync all over?