From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-197 moves from /usr/lib to /lib
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:02:08
1 On 01/11/2013 03:04:01 PM, walt wrote:
2 > This seems to me like very happy news indeed, but I'm interested in
3 > contrary
4 > opinions. There's a recent thread discussing how udev-197 breaks
5 > lvm2, but
6 > that's a trivial fix once you know about it.
7 >
8 > The problem is caused because many apps including lvm2 install their
9 > udev
10 > config scripts in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/ (where they never belonged
11 > in the
12 > first place IMO) and they should instead now go in /lib/udev/rules.d/.
13 > All you need to do is to re-emerge all of those packages *after*
14 > installing
15 > udev-197 and the config scripts will go in the correct place.
16 >
17 > You should do this before rebooting the machine because lvm2 won't
18 > work until
19 > its udev scripts are in the correct directory.
20 >
21 > Doesn't this seem to fix the problem with booting a separate /usr
22 > partition?
23
24 Hi, does anybody know if files in /etc/udev/rules.d like 10-local.rules
25 have to be moved to a different place?
26
27 Many thanks,
28 Helmut.