From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Q: What is "python-exec2c"? Why would "python3" dispatched through it not see an installed copy of pyyaml?
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 23:12:00
1 Hello,
2
3 On Sat, 06 Mar 2021, Steven Lembark wrote:
4 >Question then is why "python-exec2c" dispatched via a symlink from
5 >"python3" would fail to see the installed copy of pyyaml (or how
6 >should I check with modules are avalable via "python3")?
7 [..]
8 >I think that pyyaml is installed:
9 >
10 >* dev-python/pyyaml
11 > Latest version available: 5.4.1
12 > Latest version installed: 5.4.1
13 > Size of files: 170 KiB
14 > Homepage: https://pyyaml.org/wiki/PyYAML https://pypi.org/project/PyYAML/ https://github.com/yaml/pyyaml
16 > License: MIT
17
18 Check with 'eix dev-python/pyyaml' or 'equery uses dev-python/pyyaml'
19 for what python versions that module is actually installed for and
20 compare that with the default python3 version (check 'python3 --version')
21
22 You probably need to re-emerge dev-python/pyyaml if PYTHON_TARGETS has
23 changed. You probably have it installed just for one target (which is
24 not your current default python3).
25
26 $ equery uses dev-python/pyyaml
27 [..]
28 + + python_targets_python3_7 : Build with Python 3.7
29 + + python_targets_python3_8 : Build with Python 3.8
30 - - python_targets_python3_9 : Build with Python 3.9
31 [..]
32
33 So I have it installed for python 3.7.x and 3.8.x ...
34
35 HTH,
36 -dnh
39 It's simply unbelievable how much energy and creativity people have
40 invested into creating contradictory, bogus and stupid licenses...
41 --- Sven Rudolph about licences in debian/non-free.