From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrading 1-year old system
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 10:26:22
1 On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 10:22:14 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > Also, I'd start with @system first, then work on @world.
4 > > Only bad thing is, KDE, if you have it installed, is in @system
5 > > because of dependencies, last I checked anyway. That will make
6 > > @system a lot of fun itself.
7 >
8 > It isn't here. Emerge system installs 43 packages. Of course, if you
9 > emerge -e system you get a whole lot more, perhaps including KDE.
10
11 Because of USE flags set in the profile.
12
13 I'd also recommend using --with-bdeps=n to further reduce the number of
14 packages that need to be rebuilt at each step.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 We are phasing in a "paperless office," starting with the restrooms.