From: geez <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: shot an XFS-filesystem, oh my
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:55:18
1 Howdy,
2 you could do worse than try scanning with testdisk, it's saved lost
3 effort caused from 'experiments' with raid controllers before,
4 http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
7 On 27/09/2012 09:40, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
8 > Am 27.09.2012 02:32, schrieb Michael Orlitzky:
9 >
10 >> That won't work with any filesystem. I think instead of that last
11 >> step, you should have booted to a livecd and used GParted to resize
12 >> the partition.
13 > Yeah, my fault, stupid ... :-(
14 >
15 > I went through this once:
16 >>> http://michael.orlitzky.com/articles/resizing_a_kvm_or_qemu_disk_image.php
17 >> That won't help you get your stuff back but it might help out the
18 >> next time.
19 >>
20 >> There's proprietary software that can scan the disk for the deleted
21 >> partition. They used to be included on Hiren's Boot CD circa 9.0,
22 >> but you could easily waste a few hours screwing around with it. If
23 >> there was nothing critical and nobody else has any clever ideas,
24 >> you're probably better off reinstalling. You should cherish the times
25 >> you trash something non-critical.
26 > Thanks, yes ...