From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Detecting 64 bit Intel chips
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:47:14
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Sometime in the last month someone posted (in a thread that went wildly
5 > OT) a definite way to determine if an Intel cpu is 32 or 64 bit.
6 > Unfortunately I can't find the post anymore.
7 >
8 > It involved checking the cpu-family, model and flags fields in cpuinfo.
9 >
10 > Could that same kind soul please repost the info? And if possible the
11 > same for AMD?
15 cat /proc/cpuinfo and look for lm, which stands for long mode, under the
16 flags. I'm pretty sure that works for Intel and AMD.
17
18 kashani
19 --
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list