From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: No RTC kernel support needed?
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:19:12
1 >> One of my systems needed Real Time Clock -> PC-style 'CMOS' enabled in
2 >> the kernel to prevent a Hardware Clock error at startup and to make
3 >> the 'hwclock' command work. Another of my systems doesn't have Real
4 >> Time Clock kernel support enabled at all, and yet 'hwclock' works
5 >> fine. Does anyone know how that works?
6 >
7 > It might have something to do with the "High Resolution Timer Support"
8 > option (in "Processor type and features".) Not sure though.
9
10 Thank you but none of my systems seem to have that enabled.
11
12 - Grant