From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Evdev keyboard no longer works
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 02:03:47
1 Suddenly my multimedia keys stopped working, I think today. I went into
2 gnome-keyboard-properties, and it shows that my keyboard model is set to
3 "Unknown". For a long time it has always been set to "Evdev managed
4 keyboard" but that isn't even on the list anymore. The keyboard
5 shortcuts preferences no longer recognize these keys when pressed.
6
7 I can't see anything that I upgraded recenlty that could have changed
8 this. I did update gnome-applets to 2.30.0 today, but downgrading back
9 to 2.28 didn't bring the evdev model back.
10
11 Anyone else experience this or have a clue as to what could have
12 changed?