From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth and KDE Connect
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 04:54:47
1 On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 19:46 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > Evening all,
4 >
5 > I've plugged in a new USB Bluetooth adapter, following the instructions in
6 > the
7 > wiki: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bluetooth . The idea is to connect to
8 > my
9 > Android phone, but I'm only getting part way.
10 >
11 > After installing bluez and broadcom-bt-firmware, then booting with the new
12 > kernel, Bluetooth discovery and pairing work fine, but KDE Connect on each
13 > device can't see the other: they both report "No Devices".
14 >
15 > That nice Mr Google doesn't help, nor do the fine manuals and KDE web
16 > pages.
17 > Has anyone succeeded with this?
20 KDE Connect works over wi-fi by having your phone and computer on the same
21 network. You must run the app on your phone and it should see your computer
22 if it is running KDE Connect.
23
24 Make sure you allow the KDE Connect ports in your firewall. 1714-1764 for
25 UDP and TCP.
26
27 Bluetooth services from your phone are not related to KDE Connect.
28
29 Andrew