From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo-Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] net-nntp/inn - This package is masked and could be removed soon!
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 19:27:38
1 Hi,
2
3 I happily use net-nntp/inn on my server and was surprised to find that
4 it is now masked and apparently up for removal. It looks like
5 maintenance has dropped off on the package.
6
7 I've never maintained a portage overlay or otherwise contributed to
8 Gentoo (save for mailing lists). As such I don't know what I can do to
9 help.
10
11 I did skim the Proxy Maintainers page [1] and don't know that I'm ready
12 to tackle that much responsibility. Is there something else that I can
13 do to help avoid the removal of the net-nntp/inn package? Possibly at
14 least keep it around as a masked package?
15
16 Does anyone have any recommendations before blindly diving head first
17 into something I'll regret by assuming responsibility that I'm not sure
18 I'm ready for?
19
20 Thanks for any pointers in advance.
21
22 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers
23
24 Resending from the correct email address. — Thunderbird upgrade took
25 out the Correct-Identity add-on. :-(
30 Grant. . . .
31 unix || die