From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] pcmciautils requires yacc (not bison) which won't build
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:10:09
1 My usual update world rebuilt gcc and then tried to reinstall pcmcia-cs.
2 The later failed and googling showed that I should use instead
3 pcmciautils.
4
5 Merging pcmciautils required merging dev-util/yacc.
6 I don't know why it wouldn't accept bison.
7 dev-util/yacc failed to build due to a file collision with
8 /usr/bin/yacc, an unowned file.
9
10 /usr/bin/yacc is unowned by any package; it is a symlink, to
11 /usr/bin/yacc.bison. The bison ebuild moves any existing /usr/bin/yacc
12 to /usr/bin/yacc.bison and installs the symlink.
13
14 I am not sure what to do.
15
16 1. I *think* pcmciautils should be happy with bison and not require
17 yacc itself. If confirmed here, I will file a bug.
18
19 2. It appears yacc will not install with /usr/bin/yacc present
20 and unowned. I could remove the link, merge yacc, then pcmciautils,
21 then remerge bison, but that seems strange and is likely not
22 the right solution.
23
24 thanks in advance for any help.
25