From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge -K complains about -fPIC
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:17:19
1 I prepared some binary packages (with quickpkg) in order to have a
2 quicker downgrade path just before emerging some beta software. The
3 beta software didn't work as expected so I simply unmerged it and
4 emerged to old ones with "emerge -K". This works fine, but produces
5 this warning:
6
7 * Your CFLAGS contains "-fPIC" which can break packages.
8 * Your CXXFLAGS contains "-fPIC" which can break packages.
9 *
10 * Before you file a bug, please remove these flags and
11 * re-compile the package in question as well as all its dependencies
12
13 Why is this? I do not have "-fPIC" in my CFLAGS, but AFAIK it's on by
14 default on AMD64 anyway. In this case, why the warning?