From: Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Terminals not closing after exit anymore
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:06:09
1 On 2013-11-25 17:15, Marc Stürmer wrote:
2 > Am 25.11.2013 15:15, schrieb Randy Barlow:
3 >
4 >> Did you find out what was causing this issue? I've been experiencing
5 >> it
6 >> as well in my Gnome 2 system (gnome-terminal). I haven't put much
7 >> effort into figuring out what is happening, but I'm curious now that I
8 >> know it has affected someone else as well.
9 >
10 > Not yet, e.g. Xfce Terminal 0.6.X works as I want it, version 0.4.8
11 > does not. Mate Terminal also does not. Still diggin'!
12
13 Don't have Mate, but I can otherwise confirm this behavior: xfce
14 terminal works, gnome-terminal does weird things.
15
16 One more thing that happens to me is that apparently gnome-terminal does
17 not notify console apps of new window size. For me this happens to
18 Alpine. (The only reason why I didn't simply switch to xfce terminal is
19 that there I cannot switch off the scrollbar with parameters.)
20
21 I found about the time when this started happening, x11-libs/vte was
22 updated on my system. I tried downgrading it but that didn't change
23 anything.
24
25 Peter.