From: jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone willing to share a kernel .config file?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 11:49:51
1 On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 18:39:35 -0400
2 Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > On 2020.06.18 17:45, Andrew Lowe wrote:
5 > > Hi all,
6 > > I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 CPU sitting in a Gigabyte X470
7 > > Aurus Ultra Gaming motherboard with 64GB of RAM and an nVidia
8 > > graphics card. For some reason I've never been happy with the
9 > > kernels config. Considering the grunt this thing should have, I am
10 > > seeing nothing like what I would expect. By way of example, if I am
11 > > running a vid through VLC on one screen and get Firefox to create a
12 > > new tab within the browser on another screen, the video in VLC
13 > > freezes for several seconds. Other things freeze when I think they
14 > > shouldn't be.
15 > >
16 > > I know this problem could be related to Qt, KDE, VLC,
17 > > Firefox etc, but I think I will take this opportunity to check that
18 > > my foundations, the kernel, are solid in the first place before I
19 > > start looking at other stuff.
20 > >
21 > > Does anyone have a physical configuration like mine, and
22 > > that they think runs well, and are willing to share the .config
23 > > file?
24 > >
25 > > Regards,
26 > > Andrew
27 > Ryzen 5 2600 on an MSI B350 Tomahawk. I know I get full use of all
28 > cores/threads (6/12). Video is ATI - let me know if you want more
29 > details about that or anything else.\
30 >
31 > Jack
32
33 Hi,
34
35 Config from X470 ASUS Pro motherboard with AMDGPU set up + Ryzen 2700X
36 processor. Only 16Gb of RAM (feeling slightly inadequate).
37
38 Not seeing any problems with VLC freezing or any other apps and running
39 stuff through Wayfire.
40
41 John

config.txt text/plain