From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] SCSII Adapter ?
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 20:49:30
1 On 12/17/2016 11:31 PM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I searched for this on the Web and the only one I found, which
6 > is available, seems to be a Windows-only product (needs Windows
7 > drivers).
8 >
9 > May be someone on this list knows a solution:
10 > Is there any "something"-to-SCSII-adapter, which can be used with
11 > Linux, and which is not a "hardisk only" one?
12 >
13 > With "something" I mean an interface, which is common on modern
14 > PCs like USB, SATA, Firewire...
15 >
16 > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
17 > Cheers
18 > Meino
19 >
20 PCI-e ok?
21
22 You can pick up a cheap server pull pci-e scsi HBA off of ebay, just
23 check the kernel compatibility lists for that chipset.
24
25 A RAID card is also an option however some do not provide pass-through
26 (HBA) mode.