From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Windows on a second drive?
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:48:47
1 Windows doesn't care where it's system files are installed (XP that is) except that I remember it needs a partition on C to put it's boot stuff.like boot.ini.
4 > From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
5 > Date: 2005/09/05 Mon AM 09:38:39 EDT
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Windows on a second drive?
8 >
9 > Hi,
10 > Is it possible to put Windows XP an a second drive in a Linux box
11 > and have Windows be happy?
12 >
13 > 1) I'm pretty sure that grub will have no problems with this, correct?
14 >
15 > 2) Will Windows be happy if it's the only OS on a non-boot drive?
16 >
17 > I've done lots of dual boot machines before but there were always
18 > Windows on the main drive and System Commander to get me to Linux. I
19 > don't want to use System Commander this time.
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 > Mark
23 >