From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: Recommend a good PCI or PCMCIA b/g wifi card
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 23:34:14
1 I've been using a Senao Engenius NL2511 (200mW) card for several years
2 in my Gentoo Linux server as my AP.
3 I use the host_ap drivers in the kernel and life is good.
4
5 However, 802.11b is starting to show it's age at 11Mbps.
6
7 Sooo....
8
9 I would love to upgrade this as painlessly as possible to one of the
10 newer 'g' or 'n' cards (I currently have no 'n' cards, but AFAIK,
11 they're backwards compatible right?).
12
13 I'm looking for either a PCI card, or a PCMCIA card that I can shove
14 into my PCI/PCMCIA adapter I'm currently using.
15
16 Also, I have a mixture of some 'b' devices and some 'g' (capable)
17 devices. So it needs to work with both simultaneously (is that possible,
18 or does the radio downgrade to lowest common denominator?)
19
20 Ideally if it has MMCX connector so I can continue to use my 8dbi
21 antenna and pigtail, that would rawk.
22
23 Can anyone suggest something that will work with hostapd and meet my
24 needs?
27 ÐÆ5ÏÐ
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list