From: Benjamin Fritzsche <BFritzsche@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Want same ol' gentoo on new box
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 07:08:07
1 On Wednesday 06 July 2005 17:44, Mike Markowski wrote:
2 > I'll be changing jobs Monday and want to be sure I bring along enough to
3 > easily rebuild the sort of gentoo set up I currently enjoy.
4 >
5 > After installing, will it be enough to use my current
6 > /var/lib/portage/world and /etc/make.conf followed by 'emerge -uDf
7 > world', etc., to get me going? Or am I overlooking other important
8 > system files? (I'll remember to remove hardware dependent world entries
9 > like graphics card drivers.)
10 >
11 > Thanks!
12 > Mike
13
14 Did a similar same thing about two weeks ago.
15
16 but found it better to copy the world file, make.conf
17 and /etc/portage/package.keywords (if you have it) file, and the entire /etc
18 dir to some other place, then install from stage three, put package.keywords
19 and make.conf in place and do
20
21 cat /someplace/world | xargs emerge -avD
22
23 then get a beer, chips and a movie (unless you have some insane SMP system).
24
25 after that copy over everything you need from your old /etc.
26
27 and there you are.
28
29 worked like a charm.