From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why no love for amd64 hardened?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 06:51:51
1 On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:56, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
2 (klondike) <klondike@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > Issues with the autobuild system which we still haven't managed to figure
5 > out and which seem related to lack of memory. Jmbsviceto is publishing some
6 > more recent ones on http://www.jmbsvicetto.name and this is the place where
7 > you should look for the stage3s until we fix the issues.
8
9 I see...
10
11 Thanks for the information!
12
13 I've been building my own hardened stage3.1 for amd64. Just in case
14 this might be helpful to you:
15
16 * To compile gcc-4.5.3, I need 1 GiB of RAM (800 MiB also seems to
17 work -- tested using VMware so I can experiment using strange numbers)
18 * MAKEOPTS="-j5" *always* resulted in errors; MAKEOPTS="-j3" seems to
19 work okay. MAKEOPTS="-j1" is of course the safest.
20
21 Rgds,
22 --
23 FdS Pandu E Poluan