From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New profile 17: How urgent is the rebuild of world technically?
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 23:59:53
1 On Sun, Dec 03, 2017 at 04:26:55AM +0100, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > If the compilation will fail at a certain point (and it will fail,
4 > since this is a complete new thing) -- would it be possible to resume
5 > even some tweaks, hacks and patches (even certain recompilations)
6 > would be needed in between?
7 >
8 > Can I stop a running emerge @world and resume later?
9 >
10 > How does a restarted emerge @world recognizes packages, which are
11 > already compiled according to the new standard?
12
13 I “circumvent” those questions by doing:
14 emerge -pveD world > worldlist
15 emerge -1O $(cat worldlist)
16
17 If the system for whatever reason fails and I need to interrupt the merge, I
18 simply remove the lines from worldlist that have already been built and then
19 repeat the last command. Plus I can exclude some packages that don’t need a
20 rebuild: -bins, -docs, virtuals, most perl and tex packages and so on. This
21 saves a bit of time on the slower laptop.
24 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
25 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
26
27 This is a lousy party! I’ll leave as soon as I find my trousers.