From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage performance dropped considerably
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 18:16:48
1 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Anyone else noticed this yet? Some portage update seems to have made
4 > "emerge -uDN @world" perform about 10 times slower than before. It
5 > used to take seconds, now it takes about 4 minutes only to tell me
6 > that there's nothing to update. And it does that every time, even
7 > directly in succession and with the caches warm.
8 >
9 > Is it just me?
10
11 I have noticed that it did take a lot longer to do --update --deep
12 --backtrack=30 world update last time, where it took a while was just
13 to assemble the list of packages.
16 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 How do
18 you spend it?
19
20 John Covici