From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Patch file for cdrtools to allow --duplicates-once
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:38:19
1 On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Joerg Schilling
2 <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > "Andrey Vul" <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Is there a patch file to patch mkisofs to use the --duplicates-once
6 >> option during generation of iso9960/UDF images?
7 >
8 > There is no such option.
9 >
10 > Could you explain your desire?
11 >
12 There is an unofficial version of mkisofs that implements
13 --duplicates-once. The website of the person who patched it (Alex
14 Kopylov) is permanently down. That version is commonly used in order
15 to fit 5 "flavors" of Window$ XP on one CD by hard-linking multiple
16 directory entries to the same sector(s).
17 Anyways, I am building a hybrid CD and there is a chance that there
18 are duplicate files.
19 However, I don't know how to use the output of "find cd-root -type f
20 -or -type l | xargs sha1sum -b" to find duplicate files. Maybe someone
21 can donate a perl/python script to find duplicate files and list them?
24 Andrey Vul