From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge latest in a certain version series of a package
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:47:59
1 On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:41:09 +0200, Thanasis wrote:
2
3 > > <sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.11
4 > >
5 > > Of course if all 3.10 kernels are removed from the tree then this will
6 > > pull in a wrong kernel, but I *think* that's valid world file
7 > > syntax...
10 > I don't know if what you're suggesting would work, yet if you noticed as
11 > I wrote in the first place, I would also like to pull in the *latest*
12 > gentoo-sources, *independently* of any specific series/subseries.
13 > Do you think it would work?
14
15 I think it would, I used to have a general gentoo-sources plus specific
16 versions in world before it was possible to use sets to stop older
17 kernels being depcleaned. If you have the above line plus an unversioned
18 atom, I think you should get something close to what you want.
19
20 Of course, there's an easy way to tell if it would work...
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 We are from the planet Taglinis. Take us to your reader!