From: "Bruce Hill
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd? [ Was: The End Is Near ... ]
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 03:03:52
1 On March 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
5 > But again, remember that I'm biased: I keep an overlay to run Gentoo
6 > systems with only systemd; no OpenRC, no baselayout, no SysV. You guys
7 > can try it if you want:
8 >
9 > http://xochitl.matem.unam.mx/~canek/gentoo-systemd-only/
10 >
11 > Usual disclaimer: I take no responsibility if using my overlay results
12 > in your systems asploding. That said, I'm using it on all my machines
13 > without a hitch.
14 >
15 > Regards.
16 > --
17 > Canek Peláez Valdés
18
19 Okay, I'm game. Monday (time and work flow permitting) I plan on building a
20 new PC and installing Gentoo, and replacing the mechanical drive in this
21 Lenovo T420 with a SSD.
22
23 Far be it from me to be guilty of "contempt prior to investigation."
24
25 Therefore, I'll follow your referenced guide above and do at least one of
26 these installs with systemd. If there is anything out of sync with present
27 stage3 tarballs and portage, it would be great if you could update your
28 docs. The last 2 new installs this week are running Python3.2, and with
29 zero time to actually work on it, I'm submitting even sloppy bug reports to
30 BGO. (Just ran across another app tonight which won't build with >python2.)
31 --
32 Happy Penguin Computers >`)
33 126 Fenco Drive ( \
34 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
35 662-269-2706; 662-491-8613
36 support at happypenguincomputers dot com
37 http://www.happypenguincomputers.com