From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --sync stopped working
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:41:38
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 01:35:24PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
5 >> Did you change ISPs when moving? Does your new ISP block rsync traffic?
8 > Bingo. Same ISP. Things worked OK after the move for about a month
9 > after the move. Since about Sept 8th, however, I haven't been able to
10 > send out email via my broadband ISP. I've had to fall back to my dialup
11 > ISP, which I deliberately use a different provider for. Their name, and
12 > website, is 295.ca so guess how much they charge per month.
13 >
14 > Anyhow, I just ran a successful emerge --sync via dialup. I have some
15 > complaining to do.
19 This may not be the problem in your case but when I ran into that
20 problem on a second machine, my mobo was bad. I suspect it had
21 something to do with the PCI bus on mine. I also found some bad ram on
22 there too which makes me think maybe a surge hit it or something.
23
24 In my case, I tried several different ethernet cards with no help.
25
26 Just a thought.
27
28 Dale