From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: sheepduke@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo vs Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:50:58
1 On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Taiidan@×××.com <Taiidan@×××.com> wrote:
2 > I would advise to buy an open source device such as beaglebone not a closed
3 > source RPI, bb also has higher performance options and is a better company.
4 >
5 > I was not at all pleased with the transfer speed of an RPI I tried out, the
6 > low end arm stuff is garbage (high end like appliedmicro is decent tho)
7 >
8 > If you want a decent fileserver I would advise getting a KCMA-D8 with a 35W
9 > opteron and installing the libre version of coreboot on it, dual onboard
10 > gigabit ethernet will satisfy you for sure.
13 Being open-source looks advantageous, but how about the performance
14 compared to RPi3?
15
16 Also, was the one you tried RPi3?
19 konsolebox