From: peter@××××××××××××.uk
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NVMe drive and grub
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 05:43:59
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote :
2
3 > On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 13:26:31 -0400, Poison BL. wrote:
4 >
5 > > --> /boot/efi/boot/bootx64.efi
6 > > This one is what your UEFI's loading at boot. The lack of any other
7 > > files in /boot/efi/boot/ makes me suspect Grub's not actually
8 > > installed in quite the right spot for the UEFI layer to load it. If
9 > > you pointed grub2-install at the right place (the second command line
10 > > at [1]), I believe you should have grubx64.efi there as well.
11 >
12 > Did you build GRUB with GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64"?
13
14 Yes, as instructed in the wiki.
15
16 > As you're using EFI, you may find life easier if you dispense with GRUB
17 > and use Gummiboot. I find it (or the systemd version) far more friendly.
18
19 Maybe I should give it a go - thanks for the idea. I did consider it but then I was deterred by its description as "minimalistic".