From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage updates
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:26:05
1 On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:16:01 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > Historically, when an update to portage came available, portage would
4 > put it at the head of the list, build it first, then re-run emerge
5 > world command.
6 >
7 > I've seen lately that this no longer happens, portage updates are any
8 > old place in the list just like all other packages.
9 >
10 > I'm wondering why this change happened, or if I somehow unknowingly set
11 > an option to disable the old behaviour )I'd liek it back).
12
13 It's not just you, although it doesn't appear to be that random.
14 Generally the portage update comes at or near the end of the list here.
15
16 At least you get the rest of the world update done before a broken new
17 portage renders it unusable :-/
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers
24 believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."