From: Jason Castonguay <jcast@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem while doing `emerge --emptytree system
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 18:28:22
1 Hi listers.
2
3 I'm in the process of installing gentoo for the first time and am now in
4 the process of going from stage 2 to stage 3. I am trying to do
5
6 emerge --emptytree system
7
8 It seems to be fine until it gets to installing openssl (14 of 186 apps
9 to be installed). The process stops and says that perl 5 is required.
10 This is understandable, but I thought emerge was supposed to be "aware" of
11 this sort of thing and install apps in the correct order. I did a
12
13 emerge --pretend --emptytree system |less
14
15 and perl 5 is there, but further down the list of things to be installed
16 (after openssl).
17
18 What should I do -- install perl separately? Any thoughts and/or
19 suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
20
21 Thanks very much.
25 "Let music echo the thoughts of your soul."
26
27 -- Jason Castonguay <jcast@××××.net>
30 The Moon is Waxing Crescent (2% of Full)
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list