From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Will profile 17.0 break 3rd party binaries?
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 19:25:27
1 On 2017-12-05, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >> > Good question. I've been using a pie-enabled gcc 7.2 for months before
3 >> > the 17.0 profile switch and both acroread and skype (the new one)
4 >> > still work, so chances are your stuff will too.
5 >>
6 >> Years ago when I used acroread I found it quite irritating that it came
7 >> with its own bundled gtk and pretty much everything else. If it's still
8 >> that way it's probably the reason why it is unaffected by the change.
9 >>
10 >> I don't know if Grant's binaries are of similar persuasion.
11 >
12 > And if something doesn't work trying USE +bundled-libs would be worthwhile.
13
14 That only helps for things that are packaged as ebuilds, right? [The
15 apps I'm asking about are from .rpm, .deb. or other sources.]
18 Grant