From: Kraus Philipp <philipp.kraus@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] modem configuration
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 18:13:09
1 Hello,
2
3 I have got a modem US Robotics 5637 and I would like to use it with Hylafax+. Hylafax works fine, all clients can create jobs, but now I would like to configure / test the modem. Can anybody explain me how I can test / configure my modem. I have installed minicom and the modem is setup under /dev/modem with this udev rules
4
5 SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0303", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0baf", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x0baf product=0x0303"
6 SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0303", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0baf", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe ppp_generic" SYMLINK="modem"
7
8 I think I must setup pulse dial and I would like to test first the modem, if it dials under the correct number because it is conected to a telefon facility. I have tried minicom, but minicom shows under /dev/modem in the right corner "offline". How I can install my modem in the correct way?
9
10 Thanks
11
12 Phil