From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: I'm in a Pickle
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 21:56:20
1 On 12/25/2011 09:08 PM, CJoeB wrote:
2 > Happy Holidays, Everyone,
3 >
4 > To lead into the problem I am experiencing, I will let you know about an
5 > issue I've been having with my desktop (writing this from my laptop).
6 > Every once in a while, when the screensaver kicks in and then, the
7 > monitor goes on power save mode (something inherent to the monitor), the
8 > screen locks (I have not set it to do this) and the only way, I can get
9 > the computer going again is to reboot it by holding down the power
10 > button. This is annoying, but has not caused an issue until today.
11
12 You shouldn't do that. There's the SysRq key combination to safely exit
13 all programs, umount the filesystem and reboot.
14
15 You can Google for it. Wikipedia also has an article:
16
17 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key
18
19 (The "SysRq" key is usually the "PrintScrn" key.)