From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simplistic timed DVB-T recording possibilty searched...
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:10:35
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> [10-10-16 16:23]:
2 >
3 > On 16 Oct 2010, at 14:21, Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 > >On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 08:59:43 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
5 > >
6 > >>What should work is:
7 > >>1) The PC should wake up from suspend-to-ram or (better!)
8 > >> suspend-to-disk state (suspend-to-* works both already).
9 > >>2) Therefore it must be possible to store the wake-up time
10 > >> somewhere.
11 > >
12 > >This can be done through the BIOS. MythTV also has an option to wake
13 > >up
14 > >before recordings, so you could look at how they do it.
15 >
16 > MythTV just sets the time in the BIOS then shuts the computer down (or
17 > to sleep).
18 >
19 > First Google hit for "wake from sleep linux":
20 > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/726596/continual-wake-and-sleep-for-minimal-power-usage-on-linux
21 > http://tinyurl.com/32ahspk
22 >
23 > Linked to in the answer:
24 > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup
25 >
26 > Stroller.
30 Who, sorry, I had frist answered the first posting and than read
31 the other ones...
32
33 Thanks a lot for your help...will see what I can accomplish...
34
35 Best regards
36 mcc