From: Steve Walsh <Steve@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] network services break fbsplash silent mode
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:08:44
1 Hi Qiangning
2
3 You can specify a "fallback" setting in net.ethX where if DHCP fails it will
4 take another setting. The bhandbook at
5 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=2
6 explains how. I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, but there's a good
7 chance it might.
8
9 Steve
10
11 Qiangning Hong wrote:
12 > On my laptop, I am using silent mode of fbsplash during boot.
13 > However, as I have wireless access in my office and wired access in my
14 > home (both dhcp), there is always one of the network services, either
15 > net.lan or net.wlan, will fail. This will take fbsplash into verbose
16 > mode when the service fails. It is a bit annoying. Is there any
17 > advice to keep the silent mode on and still can auto detect the
18 > network access?
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list