From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to make Gentoo more Ubuntu like
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 03:38:26
1 JimD wrote:
2 > Does anyone have any good link on making Gentoo a little more
3 > user-friendly like Ubunut? I am looking for basic home user stuff for
4 > my wife such as:
5 >
6 > Automount/play a music CD, DVD
7 > Automout a USB camera
8 >
9 > Little basic things like that. I personally just mount /mnt/cdrom, but
10 > trying to get my wife to do that or anything manual gets me in trouble
11 >
12 > : )
13 >
14 > Jim
15 >
16 Make sure your GNOME packages (esp. gnome-volume-manager and related)
17 are compiled with USE="hal", and make sure the hal and dbus services are
18 started. With those in place, it should Just Work(tm).
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list