From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qbittorrent and icui18n lib
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:57:28
1 Am 28.04.2012 12:54, schrieb András Csányi:
2 > Dear All,
3 >
4 > I can't decide whether it's an issue which must be reported or not.
5 > My qbittorent messed up everything in the last two days and now I
6 > started it from Konsole to see what the output is. I can see this:
7 >
8 > sayusi@sa-home ~ $ qbittorrent &
9 > [1] 19445
10 > sayusi@sa-home ~ $ Unable to load library icui18n "Cannot load library
11 > icui18n: (libicui18n.so.48: cannot open shared object file: No such
12 > file or directory)"
13 > Couldn't set environment variable...
14 >
15 > I remember a few days ago a part of my system rebuilt
16 > (revdep-rebuild), for example libreoffice, because this library has
17 > been changed. Should I report this issue in bugs.gentoo.org to handle
18 > this dependency? I'm not familiar at writing ebuild files so my
19 > question may be a little bit silly. :)
20 >
21 > Thanks in advance!
22 >
23 > András
26 Have you tried re-emerging qbittorrent? If the library was upgraded,
27 this seems to be necessary. revdep-rebuild should have reported this
28 issue but maybe qbittorrent uses dlopen() and friends to load the
29 library. revdep cannot handle this.
30
31 Regards,
32 Florian Philipp