From: Gmail <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm or kde won't login specific user, but "startx" works
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 04:30:05
1 Have you added consolekit to the boot level? If you did then please post
2 your xdm and kdm log file.
3
4 Hung
5
6 Francisco Ares wrote:
7 > Hi, All
8 >
9 > After several upgrades, now kdm (apparently) doesn't login my wife's
10 > user - or perhaps kde doesn't keep an open session for her: a few
11 > seconds after password, the login windows reappears.
12 >
13 > But the strange thing is that logging in a text console and issuing
14 > that old and good "startx" command, the kde session starts as expected.
15 >
16 > Anyone have any idea where should I start checking?
17 >
18 > Thanks
19 > Francisco
20 >
21 > --
22 > "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
23 > you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
24 > I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
25 > two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw