From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SMTP on Kmail-4.14.10 does not work without kde-apps/kwalletd-16.04.3-r1
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 15:36:17
1 Hi All,
2
3 I've updated a number of kde (plasma) packages, including kde-
4 frameworks/kwallet-5.34.0-r1. A depclean action wanted to remove
5 kde-apps/kwalletd-16.04.3-r1 and I let it do its tha'ng.
6
7 Following a new login I discovered that *every* time I wanted to send a
8 message I was being asked for the SMTP password. For some users with 6 or
9 more email accounts this soon became tiresome. The pop up advises that the
10 password should be saved in kwallet and offers the choice to save it in ...
11 the configuration file! It also advises that although it will be obfuscated
12 it will not be safe in the configuration file. There are two buttons, one to
13 save the password in the configuration file and another to not save it (at
14 all).
15
16 So to retain what sanity I may have left, I had to re-install kde-
17 apps/kwalletd-16.04.3-r1, which appears to be able to manage SMTP passwords
18 without asking each time the user.
19
20 Have you noticed the same? Is there a fix or workaround for this?
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick