From: JC Denton <jcdentonmail@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Settings for Fan
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:46:55
1 Yes. The path exists but it contains no file.
2
3 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> schrieb: On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 09:14 +0200, JC Denton wrote:
4 >
5 > This what I get:
6 >
7 > $ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0/trip_points
8 > critical (S5): 97 C
9
10 I _think_ (note: think) that when
11 /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature
12 reaches
13 /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/trip_points
14 then something happens!
15
16 Whether that "something" is kernel triggered, bios triggered, or what, I
17 don't know.
18
19 I don't think this affects your fan directly though, rather your fan
20 (obviously) affects /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature.
21
22 Did you check out the bios?
23
24 Did you look at /proc/acpi/fan, as suggested?
25 --
26 Iain Buchanan
27
28 We is confronted with insurmountable opportunities.
29 -- Walt Kelly, "Pogo"
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
38 Yahoo! Mail schützt Sie vor lästigen und gefährlichen Viren.