From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird text message display oddities
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 06:21:44
1 Hey all,
2
3 I'm not having any luck figuring out what's going on here, so I hope
4 you can help. I have Thunderbird to display all messages in text, as I
5 prefer that over html. However, some text messages display in a smaller
6 and lighter font than the rest. It's really annoying since one of the
7 reasons for text-only is to have every message the same.
8
9 I don't see any commonality between the messages that display
10 differently. Every time I think I see one, I find another message with
11 the same feature that displays normally. I see this happen across all my
12 email accounts, and on all mailing lists.
13
14 Examples (found in gentoo-user)
15
16 [Multiple error messages for each keystroke in nano] from Bob Young
17 normal
18
19 [Re: Multiple error messages for each keystroke in nano] from Francesco
20 Talamona
21 smaller, lighter font
22
23 Ian Hilt's response to [Re: Multiple error messages for each keystroke
24 in nano]
25 normal
26
27 I've found some 8-bit messages that are normal, some that are not.
28 Ditto for 7-bit and unspecified encodings.
29
30 I've seen people send both normal and odd messages. Most of my messages
31 are normal, but some are not. Sometimes it seems like odd messages
32 "infect" responses in the thread, but I've also found cases where it
33 doesn't, or a message in the thread reverts to normal appearance.
36 Any ideas, because I'm completely lost on this one. Google searches
37 just bring up stuff on html messages or changing default Thunderbird
38 settings.
39
40 PaulNM
41 --