From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Anyone using extract_url with mutt?
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 07:19:22
1 urlview has served me faithfully for many years in conjunction with
2 mutt. In a recent install, I find it's no longer available (python
3 2.7?). extract_url is touted as a drop-in replacement for urlview. I
4 emerged it and did some RTFM, ending up more confused than ever. I want
5 to display urls on a simple menu, just like urlview, select, and pass
6 the selected url to my palemoon email profile...
7
8 /home/waltdnes/pm/palemoon/palemoon -new-instance -p email
9
10 The man page had example macros for mutt 1.4.x and mutt 1.5.x. I'm
11 on 1.14.4, so that doesn't seem to help. Is anyone running extract_url
12 with mutt? If so, what is your macro?
15 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
16 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications