From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] starting wlan0 only when wireless is turned on
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:20:37
1 On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:02:55 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > >> Interesting! Can wicd manage encryption WPA/WPA2 without
4 > >> wpa_supplicant?
5 > >
6 > > No, wpa_supplicant is a dependency of wicd.
7 >
8 > Right, I thought as much, but Valmor's removal of
9 > /etc/wpa_supplicant/*.conf through me out.
10
11 That wasn't necessary, but at l;east it made sure it wasn't in @world.
12
13 > Can wicd write to /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf?
14
15 I suppose it could if it really wanted to, but that would be a bit unkind
16 if you were maintaining that file manually. Wicd keeps all its settings
17 in /etc/wicd.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Our bikinis are exciting. They are simply the tops.