From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc unmerged by accident
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:26:15
1 On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 18:49 -0500, de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > After a successful upgrade from profile 2006.1 to 2007.0, I decided to
5 > unmerge some unused packages from world and accidentally had glibc on
6 > the emerge command line from a cut and paste operation.
7 >
8 > glibc was unmerged and now I can't use common shell commands such as ls
9 > or cp to list and copy files from a backup.
10 >
11 > I am thinking that to fix this I will have to boot from a cd and emerge
12 > glibc.
13 >
14 > Is there another way to do this?
17 "busybox ash"
18 Hopefully it's not dynamically linked ...